Mosquitoes are in the same group as Flies, but are a dramatically different type of pest. We all know, Mosquitoes are a pain to tolerate, and they always seem to ruin any good summer day when you’re in your backyard!
Mosquitoes lay eggs in still bodies of water, their larvae develop in these environments and can develop into adults within six to ten days of being laid!!
These pests have an internal body clock which implores them to feed from dawn until dusk, often peak times for human activity.
Ways to Prevent Mosquito Bites
- Avoid wearing bright colours as there is a direct correlation between this and high biting insect activity.
- Wear long sleeves, hats and footwear.
- Stay clear of areas with slow-moving or stagnant water
Great Ways to Prevent a Mosquito Outbreak
- Ensure all doors and windows are closed at night
- If you have a pond, consider getting goldfish or frogs as these are natural predators to mosquitoes and will discourage them from breeding
- Don’t leave still bodies of water such as buckets or watering cans outside, as this provides mosquitoes with a place to breed
- Try using natural repellants like Citronella in and around your home
If you’re experiencing an issue with Mosquitoes in your home or business, our employees can supply you with expert advice on how to fix the problem!